Thursday, November 06, 2008

Inspired x 64, 521,172


The victory is still sinking in. It took me a day to compose my thoughts (and get over my hangover) and I'm still not sure I can articulate how inspired and overcome with emotion I am by Barack Obama making history.

So I will just say this. I'm trying to think of a time in my life when I was more proud to be an American. I cannot. Its just so exhilarating, such an amazing time to be alive in this country. And I hope that all the people who didn't vote for OB recognize this sooner than later.

Borrowing from my latest Huff Post guest blogger John Cusack:

The world looked to America... we showed our best.
For one night at least, the world was sane.
The planet sighs in relief and deserves a righteous party.


Yes We Did! Now who wants to go to the inauguration with me? :)

No comments: